Coupon Lingo and Abbreviations: Common words and abbreviations used when talking about couponing:
Q – coupon.
- BOGO/B2G1 – Buy one get one free/Buy 2 get 1 free.
- CAT/Catalina – Coupons that are printed from the coupon machine at the register in stores.
- Overage – The amount of a coupon that exceeds the price of the product. The amount can be used towards other items. (This being allowed varies from store to store, some stores will adjust the coupon down so the item is still free but you do not get overage).
- Extra Care Bucks(ECBs) – CVS dollars that you earn from buying products that give ECBs back that can only be used at CVS.
- Register Rewards(RR) – Walgreens Dollars that you can earn from buying products that give RR back that can be used at Walgreens(the commissary does accept these as well).
- Up+ Rewards – Rite Aid dollars that you can earn from buying products that give them back that are used at Rite Aid
- Single Check Rebate (SCR) – Rite Aid’s Rebate program.
- Video Value Coupons – Coupons that you get from watching short Videos here that can be used at Rite Aid.
- Rebates – Another great way to save money. Buying products the qualify for rebates and then mailing them in to get money back.
- MM – Money Maker – after using a coupon you spend less then you get back -example- Buy a shampoo for $5 at CVS, that is advertising get $5 ecb back. You have a $2 off coupon. You buy the shampoo and use your coupon and pay $3 and then you get $5 ECB back. This would be a $2 Money Maker. You can find deals like this at many stores, Rite Aid, Walgreens and CVS are a few.
- FAR – Free after rebate.
- TMF – Try me Free rebates.
- Peelies – Coupons that are like stickers that are attached to products.
- Tearpad – Coupons and/or rebate form that are found on pads in stores, found in grocery departments and in places like convenient stores on their cooler cases.
- OOP – out of pocket-how much your out of pocket cost will be.
- GC – Gift card.
- AC – After coupon.
- BC – Before coupon.
- Blinkies – the coupons that are spit out of the little machines on shelves.
- Red Plum (RP) – type of insert from news paper.
- Smart Source (SS) – type of insert from news paper.